CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 01, 2005

2.99 a gallon in MISSOURI *boggle*

Yeah so I just filled my gas tank and it cost me 37 dollars that is more than I EVER spent living in CA. And what I HATE is that this is price increase on a possible expected gas shortage. At this point we aren't even short gas. And we went up 30 cents in one day and then 10 more cents the next day. *sigh* god this sucks.

next post to be posted later...I'M BUYING A HOUSE!!!!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Well, the expected shortage crap is because they are going conservative before we have an emergency. They are trying to conserve now instead of having the price shoot up to $7.00 a gallon at which point they ration what day of the week you get gas(gas shortage in the 70's...).

It sucks, but it's in an effort to avoid a crisis. It's a contractionary policy...raise the price, and the demand goes down. Andy at work swapped to a motorcycle and is getting 40 MPG instead of 10 MPG, and there are others like him. But, it's also a way to capitalize on those who can't change habits (like me, aside from riding a bike through Fremont which really doesn't burn much gas) or those who refuse to.

I think it's part conservation, part greed...but who's to say for certain.

Gotta love that I just finished economics eh?

Angie said...

Oh, and it's $2.99 a gallon here too. Well, actually it varies from $2.96-$3.06.