CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Snow

Snow fall I have discovered is a wonderful thing. I have always loved snow. I've always wanted to live somewhere that gets snow in the winter. Now I do.

If you want quiet go outside at night surrounded by fresh snow. I took the puppies out tonight to let them play. I didn't even realize what I wanted was quiet but I did. I found it so wonderfully quiet. The entire world is covered in natures own sound proof blanket. Cars aren't as loud. Even the dogs aren't as loud when they bark.

Going out there and being wrapped in that wonderful quiet was FABULOUS! In a house with 5 people quiet is a rare and beautiful thing to come by.

It's so hard to find the words I want to describe the feeling I had out there. My heart felt so much lighter. I felt elaited. I want to move my bedroom into my backyard.

Not only did the quiet sound beautiful, but every now and then the wind would blow and the trees covered in ice would sway and the creaking sounded like crystal.

The dogs were also lightening to my heart. They love the snow and to watch them run around exploring it was great. I would pick up some ice/snow and show it to Lacey who would run over and taste it then run off again. I'd pick up more and do the same thing over again. She made me laugh so much. Then right before we came in she had dug up a clump of snow/ice and I found it. It was in the rough shape of a kong so I picked it up and had her sit for it. I tossed it up for her to catch and she did quickly destroying the ball as she bit into it. She looked around all over the ground trying to find it. It was so funny.

The cold outside made my nose pink but it was worth it for the 20 minutes of blessed silence I received.

0 comments: