CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 21, 2008

You know what grinds my gears?

I have a few co-workers that I consider friends. People I'm willing to do little things for if it is convenient for me. Like buy a bottle of tea if I'm getting myself a chocolate milk or something. I do these things unprovoked and unasked for because I like too. Not a huge thing but just something to bring a smile to the face of one of my friends. Now I do these things in a way that it isn't obvious that I'm doing special things for some of my co-workers but not all. I'll drop a drink in the fridge and then let the person know it's there so they can go get it and no one would be the wiser that it came from me instead of them bringing it in themselves.

Well today one of my friends decides to ask me to bring him in one and he'll pay for it which I don't mind at all. However he said this in front of a new co-worker, one that I'm not all that close to yet and don't really feel the desire to do special things for. New co-worker decided that sounded like a good idea and asked if he could have one too. Which resulted in me saying I don't do anything for anybody now. Now knowing myself the way I do, I'll still continue for those I like because I want to. But my friend...oh he's gonna get an ear full before he gets any treats from me again you can be damn sure of that.

And that really grinds my gears.

Postscript: I do get treats for all my guys occasionally to so it's not like they are totally left out they get candy at least once a month if not twice.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Did he maybe not realize that it was a secret? Sounds like an honest mistake...

Grinningcomb said...

Well he did feel bad after I told him not to say things like that in front of anyone else. But the main reason I was upset/uncomfortable is that I don't want the new guy to get any ideas that I think he's special. I know that sounds bad but I (and my friend agrees) think that he might have the hots for me. And not in the same way I flirt with some of the other guys. So I'm careful to be friendly but not "friendly" with this one. So it was frustrating for my friend (whom I've confided these thoughts to) to be so meh about what he says in front of him.