CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

My weekend

So I posted about no good deed and such. I'm feeling much better now. I still have an occasional back pain and will likely go to the chiro once I get a claim number from the insurance. I am supposed to go and get 2 quotes for my car repair. I was hoping it'd be like my accident where they gave me a list of places I could go and I wouldn't have to worry about the quote or anything like that but I guess it's not to be this time.

Saturday was Gehnen's b-day party. His b-day is actually Tomorrow (Tue) but we wanted to celebrate on the weekend to give us more time. We went to the park and BBQed some burgers and hotdogs. We also did some nerfing but not nearly as much as dear hubby would have liked. But I wasn't up to top form and my back was hurting me some at the time. We got there about 11 and are glad we did get there so early because the park and all the BBQ pits got full quite fast after we arrived. We ended up leaving just before 3 and enjoyed the day a great deal. Was absolutely perfect park weather.

Saturday night Alyssa and I went to a party for my co-workers b-day. Saturday was his actual birthday. Alyssa and I both ended up getting drunk. Neither of us had really had anything to drink since our SIL was out visiting in February and I think we've both become something of a light weight. And it wasn't any help that the very first drink we both had was a screw driver that was about half vodka and half OJ. The b-day boy was very generous. I also ended up fooling around a bit with one of the party guests. Good kisser that one. Alyssa had to assure another party guest that no my hubby would not be upset with me kissing another man which was actually nice to know that people out there are still concerned with fidelity.

Alyssa is quite a funny drunk. She was quite adamant about no one driving while drunk (which is a very good thing to be adamant about) but then she quite willingly got into the car of another guest (who was indeed drunk) so they could go to taco bell and obtain some food. Also after we left and I drove the 30 mins from where the party was to Alyssa's house she decided at that point that I was too drunk to drive and stole my keys from the ignition. My BIL Benny had to convince her that I was just fine to drive and that no Gehnen in fact would not be mad at her for letting me driving the rest of the way home.

Unfortunately the next day Alyssa had quite the hangover and has sworn off drinking...until we go to Vegas where she won't have much choice. ;)

0 comments: