CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Why do we care?

Why do we care what others think of us? What is the purpose of it? It serves to make us feel bad or insecure or worried. Others judge us and it can do damage to our self esteem. If you are happy with you then be happy. Don't worry about what others think. Don't spend your life hiding who you really are because someone somewhere may not approve.

I'm not sure exactly who said this and I'm not exactly sure if it was worded this way. But the general idea I like.

The people that are worth it won't care and those that care aren't worth it.
The people in your life that choose to dislike you over something that is inherently you just aren't worth it. The people who choose to judge you and make assumptions of you because of rumors and hearsay aren't worth it. The people who are worth it are those that know you to the core and love and accept you for exactly who you are and actually KNOW who you are instead of thinking they know anything about you.

I have a lifestyle that not all understand or approve of. Some think that because I live this way I will attempt to steal someone away from their SO. It's just not the case no matter how much I care for someone I would never attempt to steal them. If they came willingly well that's another story. :D My dad cheated on my mom for a great many years and saw nothing wrong with it. He put my mom's health at risk and it's just not something I have the desire to do. I don't want to be the "other woman" to any man.

But regardless of what I say or how I say it some people will always assume that because of my lifestyle I'm a man stealer or want to be and you know what I just don't give a flying monkeys ass what they think. I did. But it's something I've had to start dealing with within myself. Why do I care what good is it for me to worry about what someone else thinks of me. They certainly aren't my friends so what does it matter? And in the end I realized it doesn't. So to those that think poorly of me and don't know me well kiss it because I am just not going to let it bother me anymore.

Thanks and have a great day!

0 comments: