CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 16, 2008

No good deed goes unpunished

So I was going to pickup lunch for my boss because I have the freedom to leave before the lunch rush starts around here and he only has a 30 min lunch break. On the way to grab it I saw Fredrick walking home. He had been sent home because he was sick. So I offered to give him a ride home which he took me up on.

After I dropped him off I was on my way back to the office when the car in front of me slowed down because the car in front of him was turning. The truck behind me was going too fast or just didn't notice I had slowed down. Either way I glance up into my rear view mirror and see the look of terror on his face as he realizes he's going to hit me. And he hits me hard.

Bent my bumper and my license plate. And my truck is probably about a quarter of an inch higher than it should be. I was feeling fine at first and then started to get a headache while waiting for the police. They had to be called because he was in a company pickup truck and they have to have a police report filed.

So that took an hour or so for the cop to show up and do all his paperwork. So the accident happened around 11:30 and now 2ish hours later my back is really starting to hurt. My headache hasn't gone away despite the fact that I took 2 Excedrin as soon as I got back into the office. So as soon as I leave work it's off to Urgent care I go.

And so you see...no good deed goes unpunished.

0 comments: