CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

So this is what it's like...

I will warn you, gentle reader, that this is going to be a very whiny post and I'm quite aware that once I get over my little pity party I will see just how silly I am being but until then I feel quite justified in my feelings so you get to read about my pity party. That being said if you don't want to read this now that you've gotten past the warning I really don't give a shit.

So this is what it's like to realize that the people you thought were friends to both you and your husband are largely just his friends....if that. People that came to birthday parties and get togethers to pay on the Wii are unable to make it to a party billed as slightly different. While we likely still would have played the Wii (and those that do make it will still play) the invites went out a bit differently. For one they were hand made by yours truly. I put thought and effort into them in hopes that people would like them. It wasn't a by word of mouth party it was a real invite with an RSVP. Which by the way only one person RSVPed (Thanks Greg). The rest just ignored the request of an answer. A big fat screw you! Why thank you. I'm always glad to see that no one gives a flying fuck about me. *big sarcastic grin* My husband had a birthday party a mere 7 months ago and the same people were invited save for I think one couple. I think everyone invited was in attendance.

Now I do realize that a birthday party is a story of a different color and that people may feel the need/desire to go to a birthday party rather than one for no real reason however the same people were also invited to MY birthday dinner and a handful of invitees attended. Not that those that came are unappreciated I love the people that came to my dinner I'm glad they came and I enjoyed their presence but it just sucks NOW that out of the 20+ people invited to my party I believe a grand total of 6 are coming and 2 of those also made other plans that night and thus will be here for an hour...maybe two. I know I'm not the end all be all of people or parties but damnit it would have been nice if you know a few more had come.

Ok I think I'm done spewing my bile onto the intarwebz.

0 comments: